Envie de balade
Between 1 June and 30 September, forest access is controlled by decree of the local authority. It may also be by municipal decree. Municipal decrees are more restrictive than local authority decrees. Stay up to date for your own safety!
Access map to forest areas
— Orange level
You can walk all day long
— Red level
You can walk all day long
— Black level
The access, including by the sea, the movement and presence of people in forest areas is not allowed all day long.
access levels for the site
In the Bouches-du-Rhône, from 1 June to 30 September inclusive, the access, including by the sea, the movement, the presence of person and the work in the forests are regulated by prefectural order or municipal by-law.
The meteorological fire danger depends on temperature, precipitation, wind strength, vegetation moisture content and level of exposure to sunlight.
A three colored code identifies the conditions of presence:
- Forest Fire Danger Level
- Access, movement and presence conditions in forest areas
- Work conditions in exposed areas
- Autorisé de 5h à 13h
These danger levels are determined daily for each forest and each town. They are available from 18h00. Except in exceptional circumstances, this information will be valid for the next day.
Some areas (Z.A.P.E.F. Reception Center of Public in Forest) which are especially designed to ensure the safety of people can host you during BLACK danger level. The mayor, with his police powers, can go beyond the prefectural requirements.
The access, the movement and the parking of motor vehicles (except open roads for public traffic) are prohibited throughout the year.
Prefecture - Access to Forest Areas
Fire warnings are issued depending on predicted temperatures, precipitation, wind speed, vegetation humidity levels and sunshine. They are issued by the inter-regional Sud-Est Météo France meteorological office.
Find out when nature sites in Var are closed
Find out when nature sites in Vaucluse are closed
Hiking & biking
All roads lead to Provence! Enjoy walking or cycling along the sea or in the hills of the Alpilles on the trails in the region.
Landscapes in Provence
Provence has a charming natural beauty, from the Cassis calanques to the marshes of the Camargues and the majestic mountain of Sainte Victoire.
All the addresses to enjoy outdoor activities in Provence : riding clubs, golf courses, nature guides, climbing instructors etc.
Strange Christmas visits
Departing from Istres
The Tourist Office of Istres in collaboration with the association of the inhabitants of the old Istres offer a…
This service is offered by the County Council 13:
- — Direction de l’Environnement et Bouches-du-Rhône Tourisme en partenariat avec la Préfecture des Bouches-du-Rhône
- — Direction Départementale du Territoire et de la Mer/Pôle Forêt
- – SIRACEDPC
- — Direction Départementale des Systèmes d’Information
- — Entente Interdépartementale
- — Association Départementale des Comités Communaux Feux de Forêts et des Réserves Communales de Sécurité Civile
- — Institut pour la forêt méditerranéenne
- — Office National des Forêts
- — Parc National des Calanques
- — Grand Site Sainte Victoire
- — Parc naturel régional des Alpilles